Once you’ve decided you want to upgrade, the process is simple!
Choose your Studio upgrade path by selecting which edition of Studio 2021 you would like to purchase and which version you are upgrading from.
Click ‘Add to Cart’ to review your order. You can add a Premium Software Maintenance Agreement (PSMA) to receive extra specialist support. Once you’ve made your selection, proceed to checkout.
You will then be prompted to log in to your SDL Account. Use the email address and password you used when you first purchased your SDL software. Enter your payment and billing details to complete your order. Once payment has been received, your license will be available in your SDL Account.
You’re now ready to download, install and activate your new Studio 2021 license.
If you already have Studio 2017/2019 and you upgrade to Studio 2021, you need to:
1. Deactivate your current SDL Trados Studio 2017/2019 license(s)
- Go on to your SDL Trados Studio application
- Click on Help > Product Activation > Deactivate
2. Upgrade your license from your SDL Account
- Login to your SDL Account and go to the Licenses section.
- On the left-hand side, you should see "Upgrades" available, marked with a yellow arrow icon. Click on the icon and you will be able to see the Upgrades page.
- Click on the Upgrade button to process the license upgrade. If you have several licenses, please bear in mind that you need to choose the number of user licenses that you wish to upgrade.
- A new licensing code will be generated.
3. Copy the new licensing code and paste it in the Studio 2021 application to activate it.