SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance is the leading translation software for language professionals who want to translate and review projects, use terminology and get the most out of machine translation in one simple desktop application.
Used by over 250,000 professionals - when you choose Studio - you become part of the largest translation community in the world.
Studio 2017 provides the most extensive translation toolkit and includes new ways to work faster by getting the most from your translation assets than has ever been possible.
- Re-use previously translated content: complete projects faster with powerful translation memory technology used by over 80% of the translation supply chain
- Even smarter translation memory: upLIFT technology included in Studio 2017 surpasses conventional translation memory by providing suggestions for both the “no match” and “fuzzy match” scenarios
- Translate new content faster with transformational machine translation (MT): AdaptiveMT self-learns from your post-edits from job to job so that MT output is unique to your style, content and terminology
- Get smart suggestions as you type: reduce typing and keystrokes with the innovative SDL AutoSuggest 2.0
Studio 2017 also helps ensure your translation projects are of the highest quality, for maximum customer satisfaction and gain a competitive advantage.
- Automated and real-time quality assurance (QA) checks highlight translation errors including terminology inconsistencies, as well as grammatical and formatting errors
- Always deliver the right terminology: ensure consistency throughout your translations with integrated SDL MultiTerm 2017. Please note: MultiTerm is included for free, and will be available to download from your SDL account, when you purchase an SDL Trados Studio Freelance license.
- Enjoy error-free typing thanks to automatic correction of misspelled words with AutoCorrect - just like in Microsoft Word
- Use advanced display filters to effectively navigate through your translations when reviewing them
The ability to customize your translation environment is key for productivity and efficiency.
- Make Studio 2017 suit your way of working: reposition the Editor, select layout colors, build your own ribbons and define your own keyboard shortcuts that best suit your way of working
- Personalize Studio 2017 for increased productivity: group features and functions by particular tasks (e.g. translation or review) and make the most needed commands easily accessible
- Extend Studio 2017 functionality: go beyond Studio 2017 by downloading additional plug-ins from SDL AppStore - the industry's first online app store
Studio 2017 has been designed to be intuitive, so you can get started as soon as possible. However, if you do need a little guidance on the way - no problem - we have many resources to help:
Accept any job with the most extensive support for file formats