SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance is the leading translation software for language professionals who want to translate and review projects, use terminology and get the most out of machine translation in one simple desktop application.
Used by over 250,000 professionals - when you choose Studio - you become part of the largest translation community in the world.
Studio 2019 provides the most extensive translation toolkit and includes new ways to work faster by getting the most from your translation assets than has ever been possible.
- Re-use previously translated content: complete projects faster with powerful translation memory technology used by over 80% of the translation supply chain
- Even smarter translation memory: upLIFT technology included in Studio 2019 surpasses conventional translation memory by providing suggestions for both the “no match” and “fuzzy match” scenarios
- Quick access to the most powerful and commonly used features: 'Tell me' technology saves you from navigating through menus and settings and helps you discover powerful functionality you haven’t used before
- Get smart suggestions as you type: reduce typing and keystrokes with the innovative SDL AutoSuggest 2.0
- Translate new content faster with transformational machine translation (MT): AdaptiveMT self-learns from your post-edits from job to job so that MT output is unique to your style, content and terminology
Studio 2019 helps ensure your translation projects are of the highest quality, for maximum customer satisfaction and to help you gain a competitive advantage.
- Automated and real-time quality assurance (QA) checks highlight translation errors including terminology inconsistencies, as well as grammatical and formatting errors
- Always deliver the right terminology: ensure consistency throughout your translations with integrated SDL MultiTerm 2019. Please note: MultiTerm will be available to download from your SDL account, when you purchase an SDL Trados Studio Freelance license.
- Easily maintain the contents of your translation memory (TM): with Studio's 'TM maintenance' view, editing and keeping your most prized assets up-to-date with your latest, most accurate translations is simple.
- Enjoy error-free typing thanks to automatic correction of misspelled words with AutoCorrect - just like in Microsoft Word
- Advanced display filters help you effectively navigate through your translations when reviewing them
From the moment you first open Studio 2019, it will guide you through how to use the software. Useful tips, tricks and videos are also available on-demand, to help ensure you can get up and running straight away. In addition, the integrated 'Tell me' technology provides a quick route to the most commonly used features.
However, if you do need a little extra guidance - no problem - we have many resources that can also help:
The ability to customize your translation environment is key for productivity and efficiency.
- Make Studio 2019 suit your way of working: reposition the Editor, select layout colors, build your own ribbons and define your own keyboard shortcuts that best suit your way of working
- Personalize Studio 2019 for increased productivity: group features and functions by particular tasks (e.g. translation or review) and make the most needed commands easily accessible
- Extend Studio 2019 functionality: go beyond Studio 2019 by downloading additional plug-ins from SDL AppStore - the industry's first online app store