Ensure the quality of vocabulary and specific terms by using SDL's terminology management tool, SDL MultiTerm. SDL MultiTerm is accepted worldwide by content owners, project managers, reviewers and translators to ensure consistency in terminology across all content types and languages. It can be used as a standalone desktop tool to create terminology databases and glossaries or with SDL Trados Studio to improve overall translation quality and efficiency.
Please note: MultiTerm is included for free, and will be available to download from your SDL account, when you purchase any SDL Trados Studio license.
Read the SDL MultiTerm product brief for more details
- Quickly and easily identify the correct term to use in the correct context with searchable term dictionaries and glossaries. Check the meaning or translation of a word in real time as you translate.
- Customize your termbase to your needs, adding descriptive fields and references to provide more information about the term thereby saving on research time.
- Insert digital media files such as images, sounds or video and hyperlinks to URLs and other terms to give an extra dimension to your termbase.
- MultiTerm’s integration with authoring tools means that the source content is ready for you to translate with consistent terminology.
- Import and export terms from different technology environments, such as Microsoft® Excel, as well as other terminology formats such as the XML standard formats of TBX (TermBase eXchange) and OLIF means that you can easily share and work with existing terminology data.
- With support for all languages brought to you by Windows 8.1/10, you can store an unlimited number of terms in unlimited languages, to enable you to manage the terminology for any translation project, no matter what size.
SDL checkTerm is a cost-effective tool to quickly and easily see where to correct terms in both source and translated content, from either SDL Trados Studio or Microsoft Word, via a browser or on the desktop.
The benefits of using SDL checkTerm:
- Intelligent morphological technology provides a higher number of accurate results, as all composites are found
- Review the terminology in specific parts, as well as the entire document
- Quality is increased and less time is spent searching through irrelevant suggestions.
Provide a complete terminology management service to your customers that is end-to-end for source and translations. The high quality results enable more effective SEO, optimized communications and improved branding for your customers.