Ensure the quality of vocabulary and specific terms by using SDL's terminology management tool, SDL MultiTerm. SDL MultiTerm is accepted worldwide by content owners, project managers, reviewers and translators to ensure consistency in terminology across all content types and languages. It can be used as a standalone desktop tool to create terminology databases and glossaries or with SDL Trados Studio to improve overall translation quality and efficiency.
Read the SDL MultiTerm product brief for more details
New functionality in MultiTerm 2017
- Even more tightly integrated into Studio, enabling translators to quickly create new termbases, add new terms and edit their termbases directly from the Studio editing environment.
- With customizable ribbons and a quick-access toolbar, it also offers a ‘settings template’ to ‘save and restore’ different terminology management environments with customized settings, all at the click of a mouse.
- A new default editing layout so you can easily make and undo changes.
- It’s easier than ever to keep your terminology consistent and up-to-date with the new batch editing capability, so you can perform global changes easily across your whole termbase or just specific fields.
- The Default layout first introduced with MultiTerm 2017 now also includes support for Input models, the ability to create cross-references, copy/merge of entries, among other enhancements based on customer feedback.
- A new review screen makes it easy to review changes applied by Batch editing, before they are applied.
- Common actions like 'Open Termbase' now appear in the ribbon so you can quickly get to your most used commands.
- Infinite scrolling enables you to see all entries when you browse a term list.
- Quickly and easily identify the correct term to use in the correct context with searchable term dictionaries and glossaries. Check the meaning or translation of a word in real time as you translate.
- Customize your termbase to your needs, adding descriptive fields and references to provide more information about the term thereby saving on research time.
- Insert digital media files such as images, sounds or video and hyperlinks to URLs and other terms to give an extra dimension to your termbase.
- MultiTerm’s integration with authoring tools means that the source content is ready for you to translate with consistent terminology.
- Import and export terms from different technology environments, such as Microsoft® Excel, as well as other terminology formats such as the XML standard formats of TBX (TermBase eXchange) and OLIF means that you can easily share and work with existing terminology data.
- With support for all languages brought to you by Windows 8.1/10, you can store unlimited number of terms in unlimited languages, to enable you to manage
the terminology for any translation project, no matter what size.
SDL checkTerm is a cost-effective tool to quickly and easily see where to correct terms in both source and translated content, from either SDL Trados Studio or Microsoft Word, via a browser or on the desktop.
The benefits of using SDL checkTerm:
- Intelligent morphological technology provides a higher number of accurate results, as all composites are found
- Review the terminology in specific parts, as well as the entire document
- Quality is increased and less time is spent searching through irrelevant suggestions.
Provide a complete terminology management service to your customers that is end-to-end for source and translations. The high quality results enable more effective SEO, optimized communications and improved branding for your customers.