Frequently asked questions for SDL Language Cloud
- Translators and project managers using SDL Trados Studio to pre-translate and/or post-edit machine translation content
- Software developers or organizations who wish to use the SDL Language Cloud API to integrate human and machine translation directly into their existing applications.
SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation is the new offering from SDL that replaces SDL BeGlobal Community. SDL Language Cloud is a great way to access free machine translation and other valuable subscription-based services that now include:
- Access to AdaptiveMT engines - for SDL Trados Studio users - which learn cumulatively and in real-time.
- Access to a generic (baseline) machine translation
- Access to SDL trained industry specific machine translation for improved quality when translating for a particular industry
- Management and usage of dictionaries to enhance the quality and generate a more personalized machine translation output.
SDL Language Cloud machine translation can be accessed directly within the SDL Trados Studio user interface. Connect in 3 simple steps.
- Create an account for SDL Language Cloud using your SDL ID email and password
- If you have never used SDL Language Cloud before, a free 30 day trial will be automatically started. This is a great opportunity for you to test the value of SDL's unique AdaptiveMT engines
- Once your trial is active, you can add the new SDL Language Cloud machine translation provider in SDL Trados Studio to your projects via the project settings (Project Settings -> Language Pairs -> Translation Memory and Automated Translation).
For users of SDL Trados Studio 2014 and above, the SDL BeGlobal Community service is replaced by SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation and will no longer be accessible.
Studio 2011 does not integrate with SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation; therefore you are able to access free machine translation via your SDL BeGlobal Community account, which is the same amount of characters per month as the SDL Language Cloud Option.
You will have the option to purchase a package including additional characters and services. Packages start from $10 per month. For more information, visit our pricing page.
Studio 2011 users: you will be able to purchase additional characters as part of our SDL BeGlobal Classic offering. Pricing starts from $2,000 per year. For more information, contact us today.
With SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation you can rest assured that your content is safe. SDL guarantees that your data is not saved or used outside of the scope or timeframe that is necessary to provide you with the service.
For more information, please refer to the Language Cloud Terms & Conditions.
With SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation you can rest assured that your content is safe. Your term dictionaries are for your personal use only and are not shared with other users using SDL Language Cloud. For more details please refer to the Language Cloud Terms & Conditions.
For AdaptiveMT FAQs click here.