- In using our websites, SDL will ensure your privacy is protected. We will not sell your personal information and will only use it for internal purposes.
By registering onto our website and providing certain information about yourself, SDL can use this information to provide a better experience to you. In using our websites, SDL will ensure your privacy is protected.
You are in control of the personal information you provide to SDL and you can:
- Ask for a copy of your personal information
- Ask for personal information to be corrected or updated
- Ask to remove your personal information from our records
- The type of information SDL collects from you and what this information is used for
- How this information is protected
When you access SDL websites, some information is automatically collected as specified below. No other information is collected through the SDL websites unless you deliberately decide to send it to us (e.g., by submitting a completed contact form), which is also specified below.
“Automatically Collected Information” means the following categories and specific information:
- “Client Information”: the Internet domain, registered company (if applicable), GeoIP information, and IP address of the computer you are using.
- “Essential Technical Information”: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
“Optional Information” includes the following information:
- When responding to online forms or other questions or comment in a blog: any information entered into these forms, questions or blog comment fields.
- When you register an account on the SDL websites: your name, e-mail address, and any additional information you provide as part of your registration.
This is all classified as personal information under applicable privacy and data protection laws. When you purchase a product or service, SDL will collect credit card information for invoicing purposes. This information is processed on behalf of SDL by a third party payment services provider. That provider and SDL use security techniques, including encryption and secure servers to protect you against unauthorised access.
SDL Trados Studio Experience
In the event that SDL customers or users join the online SDL Trados Experience Program which is an information system to help SDL improve upon the quality and performance of the SDL Trados Software, SDL will not collect the following information from you:
- Any content you process, neither in the source nor target languages with which you work
- Any content from your translation memories or terminology databases
- Your name, address or any other personally identifiable information
SDL uses the information to provide, maintain, protect and improve the services it provides. We use this information to provide you with content tailored to your specific needs.
When you contact SDL, we may keep a record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you may have. We may use your email address that you provide to inform you about our services but we will only do this if you consent to receiving updated information about our services.
SDL also uses information collected from cookies and other technologies such as Google Analytics to improve your user experience and the general quality of our services. The collected information is used to learn about the usage patterns of visitors to our websites by collecting information about which individual webpages were visited, how long users visited the website, which websites referred the most visitors, general geographic location of visitors and other similar anonymous statistics. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within SDL websites to visitors whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
In order to distinguish one visit from another, Google Analytics may create several tracking cookies on a visitor’s computer which will expire after two years have passed since the initial visit.
SDL offers hosted services for customers, which means SDL stores information on behalf of their customers. SDL’s has the role of the processor of the information, where our customer has the role of the controller of the information.
SDL strives to protect your personal information to the highest level, for example by encrypting sensitive data using SSL.
SDL reviews the information it collects, stores and processes and implements physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
SDL restricts your personal information provided to its employees, contractors and agents who have a need to know that information in order to process it for SDL. Each employee, contractors or agent contractually obligated by SDL to keep the information received strictly confidential and will face severe penalties if they breach this obligation.
ADVISORY: On October 6, 2015, the European Court of Justice issued a judgment declaring as “invalid” the European Commission’s Decision 2000/520/EC of 26 July 2000 “on the adequacy of the protection provided by the safe harbor privacy principles and related frequently asked questions issued by the US Department of Commerce.” In response to this decision, the Department of Commerce announced that it will continue to administer the Safe Harbor program, including processing submissions for self-certification to the Safe Harbor Framework. We intend to maintain a Safe Harbor Certification; please be advised, however, that due to the ECJ’s decision, we may be required to undertake additional steps, such as entering into European Commission (EC) Model Contract Clauses. For business customers impacted by this recent decision who are seeking an alternate compliance basis for EU-U.S. personal data transfers, please contact us by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are monitoring the developments with regard to the replacement to Safe Harbor, the EU-US Privacy Shield and will take appropriate action when the new arrangements are published.
FAO: Privacy Officer (Legal Team)
TEL: + 44 (0) 1628 760610
Fax: +44 (0) 1628 760611
Or by email at: email@example.com
Last updated: February 2016