Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools are now accepted practice for any localization professional in a translating business. In the commercial environment, clients are more demanding than ever before and expect consistent high quality translations on tight deadlines. CAT tools enable translators to turn their linguistic know-how into high quality translations consistently and with speed.
SDL Trados Studio provides you and your students with the world’s best CAT tool environment available for your desktop computer. Always innovative, always productive, always simple to use – it is the obvious choice for inclusion in your syllabus. If you choose SDL Trados Studio, you can be confident you are supporting your students start in their localization career with a professional tool that is recognized by successful localization teams globally.
SDL offers certification of CAT tool competency. Students have the opportunity to gain this industry recognized qualification through a series of online professional training courses developed by SDL certified trainers. The training courses are free to students and are presented in modular format and each module has an associated examination. Modules range from beginner to advanced and on successful completion of an examination, the students are awarded SDL Certified status.
The SDL certification courseware material is provided to the academic institutions, in the form of workbooks and sample files, to help prepare coursework for students prior to the SDL exam.
We also supply an approved certificate which can be used to support job applications and to supplement CVs.
Examinations are offered in the following topics:
- SDL Trados Studio for translators - getting started
- SDL Trados Studio for translators - intermediate
- SDL Trados Studio for translators - advanced
- SDL Trados Studio for project managers
- SDL MultiTerm for translators and project managers
- Post editing for machine translation
- SDL Trados Studio licenses are provided for educational purposes at a highly discounted price
- Professional Studio licenses can be networked on a server domain with full license control for the language lab being administrated by the academic institution
- Additional licenses for lecturers and students for use externally to the lab (e.g. home use) will be made available on a time-limited license basis
- SDL Studio GroupShare licenses and SDL Language Cloud licenses are also available at discounted prices should the academic institution wish to teach project management and machine translation technology
- Academic institutions can purchase SDL Trados Studio licenses for their own business use at a discounted rate
- Support is available, either formally through an SDL product support agreement or informally via a community supported portal.
Become a member today!